This message, related to the development of the theme, only displays on the localhost homepage to notify you of any important theme changes.


Version 2.0.0 - July 20, 2020

Below are the following changes that could be breaking changes for your site. For more details on any change, please refer to PR #154.

The major breaking change is:

  1. Users that have front matter that utilize images (backwards compatibility for featured and associated parameters still remains) will need to adjust from [images]="SRC" to the new format.
[[images]]
    src = "" // Link to image
    alt = "" // Alt text for image
    stretch = // Optional: See screenshots for referenced values and outcomes

If you utilize any of the following, there might be a breaking:

  1. User custom templates may require adjustment.
  2. User custom i18n languages, or custom templates referencing i18n translations may require adjustment.
  3. User custom template for comments will require adjustment if it uses the theme’s CSS and/or JS.
  4. User custom CSS may need to adjust due to a variety of class name changes and specificity changes.

While I realize this is inconvenient, I hope that it is worth it to you in the long run. Thanks for using the theme, and feel free to submit issues as needed.

The Lone C++ Coder's Blog

The Lone C++ Coder's Blog

The continued diary of an experienced C++ programmer. Thoughts on C++ and other languages I play with, Emacs, functional, non functional and sometimes non-functioning programming.

Timo Geusch

4-Minute Read

One “biggie” that was holding up this blog’s migration to a static site was getting a comments system up and running, followed by importing the existing comments. I had picked Isso a while back as it allows for easy import of existing comments from WordPress. I really didn’t want to depend on a third party comment hosting service like Disqus. I also didn’t want to use Staticman, mainly because it has dependencies on other services like Github or Gitlab. So Isso it…

Timo Geusch

3-Minute Read

I have a few more loose ends to tidy up before switching to the static version of the blog. One of the important tasks was to make sure I had a spell checker available. Back in the dim and distant past I had set up flyspell-mode with hunspell, but I wanted to check if there was something better available these days. Enter enchant, which acts as a front end to multiple, different spell checkers. I like that Emacs has included support for enchant since version 26, plus one of the backends enchant…

Timo Geusch

4-Minute Read

I have been toying with the idea of migrating this blog to a static site to simplify its maintenance for some time. While WordPress is a great tool, this blog is a side project and any time I have to spend maintaining WordPress gets deducted from the time I have to write for the blog. Keep in mind that I'm self-hosting this blog and it's actually running on a Linux VM that only handles the blog. This is yet another server that I need to administer, and it's the odd one out, too, as…

Timo Geusch

2-Minute Read

I’ve mentioned in the past how you can configure the MongoDB Java driver output from Java. Most Clojure applications that use MongoDB use a database driver that wraps the official MongoDB Java driver. I personally use monger for a lot of my projects, but also occasionally created my own wrapper. The methods described in this post should be applicable to other Clojure MongoDB drivers as long as they wrap the official MongoDB Java driver. They should also work if your application directly…

Recent Posts

Categories

About

A developer's journey. Still trying to figure out this software thing after several decades.